Friday, January 2, 2015

A Look Back at 2014


It’s 2015. Holy moly. Where did 2014 go? I’m finding that every year goes faster and faster. Oy. In some instances, this is fabulous (i.e. school/work), in others it feels like “oh my gosh where did the time go!?” While I’m glad it’s 2015, and I look forward to the adventures this year is going to bring for the Gehrlein family, I'll take a quick moment to look back at the second half of 2014. 

1. The 2014-2015 school year began. The fall semester was a busy one. I don't know that we've ever been this busy. Let's just say we are thankful to be heading into a new semester. To summarize: not much sleep was had - much caffeine was consumed. 



My after school drama club exploded. I went from about 20 kids involved to over 40. Wowza. What I hope to accomplish through my after school program are a few things: 
                  1. Spark a love for theatre.
                  2. Give kids a reason to come to school because they enjoy something about it.
                  3. Provide an environment for students to show off their creativity and excel while doing it, leaving them with something to be proud of. 
                  4. Let kids have fun and play!


I had Parent Teacher Conferences during the World Series.  Seriously!?


2. JT. Oh how could I ever forget seeing Justin Timberlake in concert!?! Loved it. It was a surprise birthday present from my love. Husband points earned! (if that’s even a thing?)


3. The Gehrlein family grew by 4 paws in September.  We welcomed darling Harry into the family. Right now, my furbabies are the only babies I need! Harry is a firecracker and a cutie pie. He has pretty much consumed my free time and all of the space on my phone with pictures of himself. What a selfish pup (ok, fine, I'm obsessed). 
Harry is Toby's literal brother. They have the same parents, but Toby is just over 2 years older than Harry. If you are wondering how we came up with the name Harry, here's how: When Harry was born  he had 12 brothers and sisters; however, something happened and 8 of the pups died. The vet couldn't find any explanation for their deaths, but somehow 5 of the pups were still alive. Harry has a faint white stripe down the middle of his forehead. If you haven't figured it out yet, his name is a reference to Harry Potter. We are officially nerds. 
Let’s just admire how adorable he is.




Brothers.




4. And to end the year, my husband decided to give me a home office space as my Christmas gift. Some of you might think this is utterly boring and lame, but let me tell you, no. I absolutely love having an office space. So, we moved the dogs out of one of our spare rooms and transformed it into an office for me. Can you tell I have an amazing husband? Sheesh, he’s the best.

Before



After











Paint Color: Gravity by Valspar
We both put in several hours on my new office space. I'm totally in love with it! It isn't quite finished, as you don't see anything on the walls. We'll get to that eventually. 

I think that pretty much wraps up the second half of 2014 in as much brevity as I can manage at the moment.  We are looking forward to 2015 as a big year full of some new adventures for us. Here’s to 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment